What is a Chakra?
Specifically, a chakra is a circular vortex of energy connected to our body. Each Chakra is a center of consciousness and a Sacred Circle. The first reference to Chakras is found in the Vedas, written in Sanskrit, dating back to between 1500 and 500 B.C.E. in India.
Purpose of the Chakras
There are 7 Chakras in the human body that hold our intentions, emotions and thoughts that are immediately registered in the form of energy in the body. Each Chakra has an energy and a consciousness to it.
Learning the wisdom of your Chakras helps you release any blockages affecting your physical, mental, emotional and spiritual bodies. To be fully conscious and aware is essential for our healing as a human being and as a soul. As you discover the heart of each Chakra, your level of consciousness becomes higher.
Our Chakras effect the overall energy that flows through us. Because energy is the biggest secret behind the creation of everything, it is the essence of what we create in our daily lives as well as being able to attain our dreams and desires.
You can learn more by watching an excerpt from "Avatar: The Last Airbender", an animated show from Nickelodeon TV: How to Open Your 7 Chakras.
Go HERE to learn more about our PrimeMyChakras 7 week module program.
Our Emotional States Affect Our Chakras
Feelings and experiences we have not dealt with can go directly into our Shadow Self. Every Chakra has a shadow component that can block us from being open and at peace. If our emotions are not processed in a healthy way, they can close down our energy centers and affect all aspects of our life. Below are the basic emotions that can block each chakra.
- FEAR robs us of our right to be conscious here and now. The Root Chakra deals with survival and is blocked by fear.
- GUILT impacts our right to feel our authentic feelings. The Sacral Chakra deals with relationships with others and pleasure and is blocked by guilt.
- SHAME damages our right to act and take action. The Solar Plexus Chakra deals with relationship with self and willpower and is blocked by shame.
- GRIEF overwhelms and distorts our right to love and be loved. The Heart Chakra deals with giving and receiving love and is blocked by grief.
- SILENCE or LIES we hear and those we tell ourselves or others, block our right to speak and hear truth. The Throat Chakra is blocked by silence, lies or suppressed secrets.
- ILLUSION denies our right to see things as they are. The Third Eye Chakra deals with insight and is blocked by illusion.
- ATTACHMENTS prohibit opportunities of our right to know. The Crown Chakra deals with cosmic energy and is blocked by ego attachments.
Click on the links below for a deeper overview of each chakra!
Root Chakra Overview
Creating a Secure Foundation
Sacral Chakra Overview
Solar Plexus Overview
Heart Chakra Overview
Giving and Receiving Love
Throat Chakra Overview
Speaking Truth and Expressing Self
Third Eye Chakra Overview
Developing Intuitive Insight
Crown Chakra Overview
Living a Spiritual Life of Oneness